Neonatal Kitten Care Internship
This opportunity will expose participants to the animal care processes of supporting orphaned kittens. Participation in this program will allow students to develop transferable, real-world skills in the areas of customer service, animal handling, animal behavior, animal health, and team work.
Interns attend an orientation and dog/cat handling training course. Interns are expected to work a regularly scheduled shift that includes, but not limited
- Daily care of kittens including: kennel cleaning, feeding, watering, dishes, laundry
- Assist with preparing kittens for foster homes
- This could include, but is not limited to assisting with fluid administration, blood draws, collecting fecal samples, etc.
- Feline enrichment
- Reporting medical and behavioral observations
Abilities and Experience
- At least 19 years of age
- Basic animal handling skills
- Writing and computer skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently without supervision as well as working well with others
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language fluently.
- Understanding of customer service skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to try new things
- Interns will be exposed to situations that can be emotionally and physically demanding
Length of Internship
Each internship is an unpaid position, minimum of 10 hours per week, to be scheduled during normal working hours, for 3 months. The exact schedule can be determined between the intern and the Animal Care Manager.
Download the Internship Application here »