Foster Homes For Kittens Needed
Wednesday, May 10, 2017 | NHS Staff
Kitten season has arrived at the Nebraska Humane Society and some of our smallest residents need your help. Often times the kittens we get in are so young they need to be fed through a syringe in order to get proper nutrition and thrive. We are in desperate need of foster homes who can help us with this.
A kitten being fed in our kitten nursery prior to heading to a foster home.
The supplies we provide:
- We will supply everything needed- even the kittens!!
- Feeding Instructions
- Moral support.
Time commitment for Feeding Kittens:
- We're looking for people who can be home every 3 to 4 hours to feed these wee babies.
- If you’re a stay a home parent, or older school kids home for the summer, or a retired individual, or someone that can come home from for lunch….we want you!!
What We’re Looking for in a Foster Home:
- A separate room like a small bedroom or spare bathroom to keep the kittens away from resident pets.
- A little flexibility to come to NHS every couple of weeks for vaccines, appointments or more frequently if kittens become ill for veterinary appointment.
How To Sign up:
This is a great way to help save lives, and gives deserving babies the chance they need! So if you’re willing and able please fill out our foster care application