Nothing tires out a dog and teaches him socialization like playing with other canines. NHS Playgroups get you and your dog out of the house, and into the action.
What should I expect? In NHS playgroups, dogs will be able to interact and play with other dogs that are close in age and size. If you are looking for a way to give your dog some quality “dog playtime” and burn off energy, playgroup could be for you.
When are Playgroups?
NHS trainers proctor playgroups on Tuesday nights
**Please note that our Tuesday night playgroups have been suspended in 2019 due to construction. We should resume them once our improvements are complete in 2020.
Yappy Pack proctors playgroups on Thursday nights & Saturday mornings
- Yappytime Stay and Playgroup
- Thursday night playgroups will take place April 18 through September 12, 2019 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday morning playgroup takes place from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Both playgroups are held in the NHS Meadow near the Center for Humane Services.
- All dog sizes are welcome and break into size appropriate groups.
- Participants can come and go during the two-hour time frame.
- Cost is $5 per dog and punch cards are available for $40 for 11 visits.
- Please pay at the door
- For information: Email Yappypack@cox.net or visit their Facebook Page.
- All dogs must be current on immunizations. Please bring proof of this the first time you come to play group
- All dogs should get along with other dogs
- No toys for play group please (Dogs can scuffle over possessions)
- Plan on staying at playgroup with your pet
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes