Nothing tires out a dog and teaches him socialization like playing with other canines. NHS Playgroups get you and your dog out of the house, and into the action.
What should I expect? In NHS playgroups, dogs will be able to interact and play with other dogs that are close in age and size. If you are looking for a way to give your dog some quality “dog playtime” and burn off energy, playgroup could be for you.
When are Playgroups?
NHS trainers proctor playgroups on Tuesday nights
- In the Center for Humane Services (Bone Jour Dog Day Care), located to the east of the main building
- Puppies meet from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm (Puppies must have the first 2 rounds of puppy shots to 8 months of age)
- Small dogs meet from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm (Dogs less than 25 pounds who enjoy and get along with other dogs. There is no age limit)
- Adolescent dogs meet from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm (Dogs 8-24 months in age as long as they enjoy and get along with other dogs)
- Cost is $5 per dog and can be paid to the playgroup instructor on arrival, at the customer service counter in the main NHS building, or online by clicking here »
- Participants may check in 15 minutes before play starts. But once playgroup has started no dogs will be added to these groups
- For information: 402-905-3472
Yappy Pack proctors playgroups on Thursday nights & Saturday mornings
- Yappytime Stay and Playgroup
- Thursday night playgroup takes place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m *beginning April 19 through September 27, 2018
- Saturday morning playgroup takes place from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Both playgroups are held in the NHS Meadow near the Center for Humane Services.
- All dog sizes are welcome and break into size appropriate groups.
- Participants can come and go during the two-hour time frame.
- Cost is $5 per dog and punch cards are available for $40 for 11 visits.
- Please pay at the door
- For information: Email Yappypack@cox.net or visit their Facebook Page.
- All dogs must be current on immunizations. Please bring proof of this the first time you come to play group
- All dogs should get along with other dogs
- No toys for play group please (Dogs can scuffle over possessions)
- Plan on staying at playgroup with your pet
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes