Call 402-444-7800, option 1 for assistance


Animal Control will respond to any wildlife call involving an animal that appears to be sick, injured, is threatening, or creates a public safety issue.  Call (402)444-7800 ext 1.   **For calls involving mountain lions or other large carnivorous wildlife please immediately dial 911.

Officers are not authorized to trap healthy or non-threatening wildlife simply for relocation.

If you are having difficulty with encroaching wildlife your best resource is Nebraska Wildlife Rehab Inc. NWRI is permitted by the state to handle, rehabilitate and re-release wildlife and is a knowledgeable resource for wildlife queries. Additionally the Nebraska Humane Society has a contractual agreement with Nebraska Wildlife Rehab Inc.  All rehabilitatable wildlife brought in to NHS is transferred to NWRI for care, treatment, and re-release into the wild.  (link to website)


Raptors are protected by federal and state laws and only permitted parties are allowed to handle, possess or work with birds of prey.  All hawks, owls, falcons, eagles and other raptors that come into the Nebraska Humane Society are turned over to Raptor Recovery for rehabilitation and release.

For More Information about Wildlife

You Can Help Save A Life

Adopt A New Best Friend

You are the answer to providing homeless pets a second chance. Adopt, don’t shop and offer deserving pets a bright future.

Adopt Today

Help An Animal

Rescuing, Rehabilitating and Rehoming animals is not cheap…but it’s the right thing to do. Help us fund lifesaving treatments and programs.

Donate Today

Get Involved

You can make a huge difference in the lives of shelter animals  by offering your time and TLC. 

Get Involved

E-Newsletter Signup

Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter with Nebraska Humane Society news, resources and stories or update your info.

Get Social With Us!

NHS is a not for profit 501-C3 organization; EIN: 47-0378997. Copyright © 2024 Nebraska Humane Society. All Rights Reserved.
8929 Fort Street Omaha, Nebraska 68134

Designed by Blackbaud