Camp Kindness- Junior Sessions
Hey kids! If you are between the ages of 6 and 9 and crazy about animals, Camp Kindness is the summer camp for you! Come experience five days of animalistic fun guaranteed to get your tail wagging. Each session will give you plenty of hands-on experiences combined with interesting educational opportunities.
Sessions are Monday through Friday and run during June and July, providing every camper the opportunity to interact with shelter animals. Camp Kindness fills up fast and registration is on a first come, first served basis so you need to be an early bird to catch this worm.
- Pick a session below and click register to complete the payment portion.
- Once you have submitted payment, you'll receive a confirmation email containing a link to fill out a detailed registration form. If you registered more than one child, please fill the form out for each child!
- If you would like to be put on a waiting list for a class, please email email@example.com.
Available Sessions and Times
NHS has been following guidelines set out by health officials during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of the animals, our staff and the public.
Junior Camp Sessions are from 9 a.m. to noon daily. They will run on the following dates:
- Session 1 (focuses on critters): June 7-11, 2021 (full)
- Session 2 (focuses on critters): June 14-18, 2021 (full)
- Session 3: June 21-25, 2021 (full)
- Session 4: June 28-July 2, 2021 (full)
- Session 5: July 6-9, 2021 (4-day camp) (full)
- Session 6: July 12-16, 2021 (full)
- Session 7 (focuses on cats): July 19-23, 2021 (full)
- Session 8 (focuses on cats): July 26-30, 2021 (full)
More Helpful Information About Camp Kindness
- We cannot guarantee that your child will not be exposed to or come into contact with: nuts, soy, milk or wheat products. If your child suffers from a food allergy, please inform staff.
- If your child uses an EpiPen, he/she must be trained to administer.
- Please ensure your choice of dates, time and session is correct. We regret that we are unable to make any changes once your registration has been officially processed. Refunds will only be given if canceled two weeks prior to your child’s camp start date. All cancellations/refunds will be charged a $30.00 processing fee. Dismissal from camp due to inappropriate behavior is non-refundable.
- All campers should wear closed-toe shoes and bring a water bottle and a sweatshirt or light jacket as our facility is cool.
- For safety reasons, parents and caregivers will need to sign campers in and out daily. Please drop off your child no earlier than 10 minutes prior to start time of camp. All campers must be picked up immediately after camp concludes each day. Late pick-ups may be charged a fee of $1.00 per minute after 5 minutes. Thank you for your cooperation.
FAQs About Our Summer Camp
- How many campers are there in each session?
Due to COVID-19, currently we are limiting campers to 15 per session. However, this number may increase if we feel we can safely socially distance a few more campers.
- Who teaches the sessions?
We hire certified classroom teachers.
- What if my child has a medical emergency during Camp Kindness?
Our camp teachers are all certified in CPR, First Aid, Epi-pens, and AED. They will ensure safety of the children first, but also ensure the parent/guardian is contacted/informed of what is taking place.
- Can my child be signed up with a friend? Can we switch sessions?
Please remember applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot hold any spots for potential campers. The best way to ensure both your child and their friend attend the same camp session is to register at the same time. We apologize that we cannot switch camp sessions once registration has been officially processed. A refund can be provided but you will be charged the $30 cancellation fee and then a new registration can be made to register for the same session. * Please note: groupings during camp fluctuate and although youth may sign up for the same session, we cannot guarantee they will be in the same small group/table. They, however, participate in many activities as a large group together.
- Will the campers get to play with animals?
Each day of camp includes supervised animal interaction as curriculum allows.
- How early can I bring my child to camp?
Campers should be dropped off to the Center for Humane Education no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the camp start time. Campers must be accompanied by an adult to sign them into camp each day. Camp Staff are not responsible for children until they are signed in by the adult accompanying them. Campers must be picked up and signed out by an adult immediately after camp concludes each day. Late pick-ups will be charged a fee of $1.00 per minute after five minutes. We appreciate your cooperation.
- My child attended Camp Kindness last summer, will it be different this year?
Yes! The core curriculum remains the same, but new features, speakers, games and animals are also offered to keep camps fresh! We find that over one-third of our campers are "repeat campers" because they enjoy coming to camp every year!