Nothing tires out a dog and teaches socialization like playing with other canines. NHS Playgroups get you and your dog out of the house and into the action!
What should I expect? In NHS playgroups, dogs will be able to interact and play with other dogs that are close in age and size. If you are looking for a way to give your dog some quality “dog playtime” and burn off energy, playgroup could be for you.
When are Playgroups?
- Yappy Pack proctors playgroups.
- Thursday night playgroups will return April 15, 2022 and run through October 14, 2022 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday morning playgroup takes place from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. year round.
- Both playgroups are held in the NHS Meadow near the Center for Humane Services.
- All dog sizes are welcome and break into size appropriate groups.
- Due to crowd limits we ask that you have no more than 2 people with a dog, and no children please.
- Please wear a mask.
- Participants can come and go during the playgroup time frame.
- Cost is $5 per dog and punch cards are available for $40 for 11 visits.
- All dogs should enter on leash to get to their section.
- Please enter at the North Gate of the meadow. Payment will be taken there as well.
- There is no seating. If you might want to sit with your dog at some point, you are welcome to bring a lawn chair.
- For information: Email Yappypack@cox.net or visit their Facebook Page.
- All dogs must be current on immunizations. Please bring proof of this the first time you come to play group
- All dogs should get along with other dogs
- No toys for play group please (Dogs can scuffle over possessions)
- Plan on staying at playgroup with your pet
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes