Saturday, March 28, 2020 | NHS Staff
NHS is now ONLY accepting online applications, to adhere to CDC guidelines for social distancing, and to avoid long wait lines. Animals will be shown by appointment following submission and review of your application.
The Adoption Process:
- Check our adopt pages for available dogs, cats or critters
- Click the photos to pull up the pet's profile to see if he or she might be a good match for your family. You can choose up to three pets you'd like to meet during your appointment. Note their names and i-d numbers.
- Fill out an online application. The link is at the bottom of each pet's profile, however you can list up to three animals on an application (in other words you don't have to fill out three applications to meet three dogs).
- Click submit--you should get a response confirming your application has been sent.
- We get LOTS of applications, so you will only be contacted if you are determined to be a match for the animal or animals you selected to meet, and if they are still available.
- All of the animals continue to be adopted on a first come, first served basis and shown by appointment only, so we cannot guarantee that the animals you requested to meet will still be available at the time we review your application.
- SEE AVAILABLE PETS HERE
We are so grateful to adopters willing to open their home to a shelter pet and we are doing our best to continue adopting pets during this trying time. So please keep checking the website and submitting applications for potential pets should we be unable to match you at this time. Stay safe and healthy!