BFFs Seek Loving Home
Monday, July 17, 2017 | NHS Foster Care
Carson and his buddy Timothy are best friends! They both tested positive for FeLV, but need to be retested by your veterinarian in 30-60 days as there may be a chance they test out of it.
Carson and Timothy before they went to their foster home.
However, if they test positive at that time, the cats are likely infected with FeLV. Since they are a bonded pair, we're looking for a home that will take both kitties and their adoption fee is two for the price of one.
Notes About Carson, Timothy and FeLV:
- Timothy (Timmy) is loving and friendly. He loves to play with toys, people and other cats.
- Carson is a little more shy and reserved. He will stay back and wait to see if Timmy likes you, and will come to you if Timmy is there.
- Loud noises and sudden movements send them both running to hide.
- They don't enjoy being picked up and carried around right now, but a patient owner will surely gain their trust.
- Both boys will purr when you pet them, and they are very bonded. They will call to each other with meows in the house and then run to each other.
- A home without other cats is best, because FeLV is transmitted from cat-to-cat through everyday cat activities, like grooming, playing and sharing food.
- We encourage you to read about FeLV and follow up with your personal vet to weight the risks. Read more »
How to Adopt Carson and Timothy:
- If you're interested in adopting Carson and Timothy please email our Foster Care Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with Carson and Timothy in the subject line.